San Jose Shareholder Dispute Attorneys
LAWYERS FOR STOCKHOLDER CONCERNS IN SANTA CLARA COUNTY
For many companies, shareholders and stockholders provide the operating capital that the business needs to function. From time to time, stock- and shareholders may become unsatisfied or take issue with the direction of the company in question, leading to potential disputes. Sometimes, such concerns may be very serious, especially if they involve allegations of wrongdoing or fiduciary irresponsibility. At the San Jose-based SAC Attorneys LLP, we provide trusted representation to business owners, executives, and shareholders in disputes of all types.
For nearly 15 years, the skilled lawyers at our firm have been serving the needs of business clients throughout the Santa Clara Valley. With more than 50 years of combined legal experience in diverse practice areas, we are equipped to help you resolve differences between shareholders in the most efficient manner possible. Our attorneys understand the value of methods such as mediation and arbitration in finding workable solutions, but we are prepared to litigate aggressively on your behalf when necessary.
California Lawyers Who Understand Shareholder Disputes
A shareholder dispute may arise any time that an individual or entity with an interest in a particular company disagrees or takes issue with the actions of another shareholder or management. Shareholder disputes are particularly challenging because, by definition, each party has a financial stake in the company and its future. At SAC Attorneys LLP, our team has the knowledge and skill to help with shareholder disputes related to:
- Breach of contract: Shareholders are bound by the terms of the company’s shareholder agreement which may limit their ability to sell their shares to certain entities, including competitors;
- The direction of the company: Disputes may develop when one or more shareholders have a problem with the how the company is currently operating, certain personnel decisions, or spending patterns. These type of disputes are common in closely-held family companies;
- Breach of fiduciary responsibility: Shareholders have fiduciary duties to one another, even if they do not work in the company itself. A lack of appropriate disclosure, conflicts of interests, and other financial concerns can easily trigger a dispute, especially between majority and minority shareholders; and
- Compensation: Shareholders who work within the business should expect to receive compensation that takes into account their experience, training, and other equitable considerations. If a shareholder appears to be receiving more than what is fair, other shareholders may take issue and a dispute can quickly escalate.
Problem-Solving Lawyers in Mountain View and Morgan Hill
When shareholder disputes arise, they can threaten the stability of the entire company. At SAC Attorneys LLP, we recognize the importance of resolving shareholder disputes quickly without unduly compromising any party’s rights or interests. We will work closely with you so that we can better understand your needs and goals and tailor a solution that meets your personal and professional objectives.
If you are involved in a stock- or shareholder dispute, we can help. Contact our office by calling 408-436-0789 and schedule your free initial consultation today. Our firm proudly represents companies, investors, shareholders, and business owners in San Jose, San Mateo, Cupertino, Fremont, Sunnyvale, and throughout Santa Clara County.
- 1754 Technology Dr., Suite 122
San Jose, CA 95110