Patrick E. O’ShaughnessyLitigation Counsel
Patrick serves as of-counsel of our firm. Whether the legal challenges with which you need help require counseling, in-court representation, or another means of dispute resolution, Patrick has in depth experiences and uncommon perspective to share to help inform your business decisions. His extensive substantive litigation experience, at both federal and state levels, in jurisdictions throughout the country, provides him with unique and broad-based insights that he uses to help clients find practical solutions to real-world problems.
Patrick’s business litigation and counseling experience includes antitrust, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract disputes, most often in connection with business ownership disputes. He also has significant experience in IP/antitrust analysis and trade secret and copyright disputes.
Despite his zeal for the courtroom, Patrick’s approach is customer-service focused. He emphasizes practical and client-centered business solutions. Many of his most gratifying accomplishments as a lawyer involve engagements where his clients do not appear in court.
Previously, Patrick served in private practice in San Francisco, California, Columbus and Dayton, Ohio, and Washington, DC, and in government enforcement in Washington, DC as a Trial Attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, which he joined through the Attorney General’s Honors Program, and in Columbus, Ohio as a Senior Assistant Attorney General at the Ohio Attorney General’s Office, Antitrust Section. While at the U.S. Department of Justice, Patrick was selected to serve as a Special Assistant United States Attorney for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of Virginia and also as a Special Assistant for the U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division’s Directors of Civil and Criminal Enforcement.
Patrick grew up in Columbus, Ohio and proudly considers himself a Buckeye. He enjoys spending time with his family, following his longtime favorite Los Angeles Lakers, going to baseball games, and playing golf in the Bay Area as often as possible.
J.D., UCLA School of Law, 2001
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of International Law and Foreign Affairs
Best Moot Court Team, Distinguished Advocate, and Outstanding Brief Writer Awards
National Moot Court Team
B.A., Cornell University, 1998
District of Columbia, 2006
- U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division
- Ohio Attorney General’s Office
- Bartko Zankel Bunzel & Miller, PC
- Sebaly Shillito + Dyer, LPA
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi, LLP
- Crowell & Moring, LLP
- Labor market criminal antitrust offenses in the crosshairs, Los Angeles & San Francisco Daily Journal (2021) (co-authored with Jack McLean)
- Divided. Will conquer? Google faces 3 distinct challenges to its conduct, Los Angeles & San Francisco Daily Journal (2020)
- U.S. allegedly to sue Google in rare antitrust lawsuit; if true, Google likely to lose, Los Angeles & San Francisco Daily Journal (2020)
- Analyzing Ixchel v. Biogen’s new rules, Los Angeles & San Francisco Daily Journal (2020) (co-authored with Jack McLean)